Honey is very beneficial to our health and skin in many ways but did you know it can make your eyes lighter? If you have brown eyes like mine that can often seem very dull and dark, now there is a possible solution to fix that. Last summer I had heard that eating a spoonful of honey in the morning and before bed can slowly make your eyes more of a lighter colour and this did seem to work slowly. However, reading on from this I had found that mixing honey with water and making it into an eye drop solution lightens the colour of your eye gradually. So, I decided to take the risk as I just wanted to experiment something and what’s a better way than trying to change the colour of your eyes? After a few days of trying it, I had realised that this method was actually working, I even tried to tell my friends but they thought I was crazy until they saw the results in my eyes (doesn’t make a huge difference but can see a lighter shade of brown).
If you would like to try this tip, just follow these instructions:
- Mix raw honey and warm water together. More water than honey is needed in order to make it a watery solution and safe, so make sure the liquid is transparent.
- Pour the liquid into an empty eye drop bottle (my bottle was just a previous brighten eyedrops bottle that I had purchased at a drug store in which I emptied and washed out).
- Shake the bottle once the liquid is poured into it, so it gives it a good mix.
- Leave overnight or a few hours so the liquid has cooled down and ready to use.
- Apply 2-3 drops in each eye, twice a day.
Follow these results and you should have lighter eyes in no time. If you are a bit cautious about applying honey in your eyes then you could always just have a spoonful of honey in the morning and before bed. If anyone has any questions or is trying it please comment below and tell me about your results.